Friday, October 8, 2010

Margeride

So much has changed in the last couple days. I'm not working south of Paris anymore; I'm working in Paris--from home.

The first day of our orientation (in Évry) a visio-conference program was presented to us to see if we wanted to volunteer and teach from a computer at home. I immediately volunteered and was the only one to do so. After some forcing, I've been selected to be a part of the program.

To sum it all up, I won't be working down in Breuillet anymore, but I'll be teaching many different classes from home through Skype. The school district has trained me and lent me a computer and everything. I'm pretty excited about it since I can teach from my house and I'll be working a lot less. I'll also be doing some technical language training to adults, occasionally.

We finally have our CarteBleu, so we can buy phone plans, and use our French bank accounts more efficiently. We signed our lease (nine months) the other night and managed to get the landlord to keep the utilities in his name. We've been arranging the apartment as much as we could, but the hallway and the bathroom are being refinished due to mold and paint issues. In any case, things are finally starting to settle down for us.

Even though we are dirt poor, Lauren and I went out on our first date in Paris last night. There is a nice café in the Place d'Italie called Margeride. We went there late last night and got some amazing salads and some hot chocolate and just talked.

No comments:

Post a Comment