Saturday, December 4, 2010

Mon Anniversaire

We headed over to Coquelicot, near Abbesses in Montmartre, and got some brunch to start off year twenty-seven. Twenty-seven.
It was snowing when we stepped outside, pretty but annoying and cold. Lauren had a meeting with a photo editor, Alexandra, so we mixed some business with fun. I got the omelette du jour and some hot chocolate: good birthday brunch.

We spent a couple hours chatting about the photo industry, technology, and the state of our generation. Soon, Margot came by, and her and I left to walk around and check out some little shops. We found a couple of cool record stores, and some kitsch shops. I got a Velvet Underground record and a little Asian toy for Lauren. It was freezing cold, so we kept ducking into stores mostly to warm up while we waited for Lauren to finish her photo consultation with Alexandra. We ended up all meeting back at our apartment and then heading over to Angelina's. Margot went home and Lauren and I watched the Social Network on the internet.

This is the first time in my life that I feel like I'm in the right place. Its scary, because its very uncertain trying to make your own way as a foreigner, but every week Lauren and I look at each other and are glad we're here. We're so used to looking over and simply complaining at how miserable Provo is... its weird thats its over with. Now is the time to make things happen for us. Already, we're more motivated and hopeful about the future. Although twenty-seven is daunting, I'm resolving to make this year, the first year in Paris, the one that kicks off my life in a better direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment